Monday, May 21, 2012

Johnny Brenda's

Johnny Brenda's = classic spot to grab a couple beersss and a couple bitesss. They offer brunch on the weekends and you may also be able to catch a sweet show upstairs. Twin Shadow played last year for $12. ('H-Word' alert, I know) But hey, a good deal and a good time. And BTW, they have gooood burgers, dude. I will discuss this with you briefly right now. 

The Cheeseburger is simply one of the best around. No frills, nothing extreme, just a very well-executed take on the American classic. Take away the bun, replace it with an English Muffin, throw Eggs Benedict on top and you got yourself the brunch-time bombshell, Eggs Benedict Burger. My burger was unfortunately served well past the medium rare that I requested. However, my hangover didn't give a shit about that. I needed the EBB cure ASAP. I'd recommend classing it up and using a knife-and-fork. Had my faculties been at 100%, I may have realized this before my hands were completely covered in egg yolk. On the downside, it clocked in at $13. Buuuut you're basically getting 2 meals in one, so that tilts the CBA scale a little bit. French Fries and Home Fries served with each respectively. 

Good burgers, (mmmmostly) reasonable prices, weekend brunch, beersss, pool, DJ's, shows, chill atmosphere 70% of the time, rich Mahogany, iridescent table lights, dim overheads, lunch, dinner, last call, brunch shortly after last call, several reasons to head on down to JB's. 

Located at Frankford & Girard in Fishtown, Philly, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment