Monday, June 25, 2012

The Foodery




















I recently ate the Prosciutto e Mozzarella Sandwich at The Foodery in Northern Liberties. The prosciutto was a bit coagulated but decent, and the focaccia bread was nice. It is equipped with Roasted Red Peppers, Spinach, Olive Oil, and Black Pepper accoutrements. Pretty good. However, eating such a sodium-loaded sandwich on the hottest day of the year wasn't the best idea. Unrelenting thirst ensued.

I drank a Golden Pheasant, which is an outstanding Czech Pils. However, I was slightly off-put when an employee asked me if it tasted like "Cat Piss." Of course I politely answered, "No. Why would it?" And apparently, "this tastes like cat piss" is a very common reaction to Czech Pils such as the Golden Pheasant? With so many things wrong with that statement, I'll leave it alone. Yes, it may be slightly skunkier than Bud Light or even PBR, but that is its beauty. The post-hip neighborhood clientele may not be used to that, but hey, should the customer not have the benefit of the doubt? In an establishment with "Suggestion Box" taped to the trash bin, I guess not.

Decent sandwiches and great beer selection.
Located at 2nd and Poplar

No comments:

Post a Comment